South Bay Ford
Los Angeles, CA
Auto Dealer Service Bay
At the South Bay Ford dealership, mechanics were starting to bring in their own lighting equipment such as light bars, to properly light the bay areas where they serviced vehicles. The dealership needed an easy to install solution to replace their existing 400W Metal Halide lamps to improve the overall light quality in the work place.
Existing Metal Halide lamps in the auto dealer service day provided an output of 400W and a low CRI of <65. Low light conditions lead to a reduction in production and increased the possibility of accidents.
Foreverlamp’s easy to install retrofit solution was the GS Series lamp. Maintenance staff simply needed to unscrew the existing metal halide lamps and replace them with the Foreverlamp GS-400U-VHO-850 retrofit lamp. Foreverlamps do not require any wiring or reconfiguration and/or contractors to install. It is a true plug and play lamp solution with each lamp designed to work with the existing magnetic ballast and sockets. Installation simply involves, unscrewing the existing lamp and replacing it with a Foreverlamp.
The Foreverlamp 400W MH VHO model LED lamp has replaced the Metal Halide lamps providing a better quality of light with a CRI of >80 and a 200W energy savings solution. The difference in light quality is truly visible and allows the mechanic staff to work and service their vehicles unaided without providing their own personal task lighting. And the ROI timeframe made the switch to Foreverlamp a deal this dealer couldn’t pass up.
Energy cost savings per lamp:
- 200W savings per fixture
- 20 hours/day
- 365 days/year
- Avgerage Energy Cost: $.10/kwh
- Avgerage Payback: 7.5 months
- Better light quality over MH– CRI greater than 83
- Much Longer Life (+60,000 hours)
- Simple Screw Out and Screw In Replacement
- Instant On and Instant Off
- 24,000 lumen lamp with uplight to illuminate Acrylic or Glass Dome fixtures
- Lamp Life: 60,000 hours
- 5000K, +83 CRI
- Instant On / Off
- Dimmable with LED driver
- Saves 200 Watts Per Socket
- Works with existing magnetic probe and pulse start ballast
- Replaces traditional Metal Halide Lamps for 400W – 175W
- Patented cooling and innovative design
- UL Recognized. LM 79 & LM 80 Reports available
- 5-year warranty